- Download got-credential-winstore. https://gitcredentialstore.codeplex.com/
- Put it in a folder where you will keep it permanently.
- Run it with the -i option to specify the Git location (not 100% sure this step is necessary.
- To use this in TortoiseGit, go to Settings/Credentials.
- Select 'wincred - this repository only'
Monday, September 23, 2013
Auto entering credentials in Git
Any time you do a Fetch or a Push to a secure Git repository, you will be asked for your username and password. To have these credentials auto-entered, do the following: